Monday, September 9, 2019

Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Onion and Maple Syrup

I found some beautiful sprouts at the produce store and wanted to try something just a little different, so I made Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Onion and Maple Syrup. Boy that was a good idea! I tossed them with olive oil, but if you have some bacon fat handy, that might be the only thing that could make them even better. I can't recommend this side dish enough folks and look forward to making it for Sunday dinner soon. Go ahead and add this to your fall meal plan, I think you'll be happy:@)
Bet you never thought you'd hear the words 'whimper worthy' and Brussels sprouts in the same sentence:@)

Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Onion and Maple Syrup
Fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half, or quarters if extra large-like mine
Onion, large dice
olive oil
S&P
maple syrup
  1. Prep sprouts, add sprouts and onion to baking sheet. I covered my sheet with foil for easy clean-up.
  2. Drizzle with enough olive oil to coat well, mix with hands and spread out into single layer. 
  3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
  5. Remove from oven, stir and drizzle with enough maple syrup to coat well. 
  6. Stir again and bake for another 10 minutes.
Enjoy your veggies and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Mix It Up Monday
Made By You Monday
Wonderful Wednesday

9 comments:

  1. We love brussels sprouts in my house and to make it with the onions and maple syrup! Thanks for this recipe. Enjoy the week Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always think of you when football season rolls around. You share the best recipes for snacking and have some neat football stuff. I finally got a charm bracelet...not like yours though. Mine has blue and stars and cowboy stuff! heehee! Have you added any new charms to yours lately? Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roasting the sprouts with the onion on a foil lined sheet pan makes this easy peasy, Lynn. I'm loving the addition of maple syrup to caramelize the flavors together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM! I cannot wait to try this. And lucky me won't have to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love maple roasted sprouts, and next time there will be an onion!! Thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds delicious Lynn I am just about to go to Australia for 6 weeks but have all my post scheduled in (bit of a marathon that was!) Unfortunately I will not be commenting while I am away but as often as I can will look at bloggers posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love Brussels sprouts and this sounds like such a great recipe, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love a bit of sweet with our Brussels Lynn. We usually drizzle some balsamic glaze at the end, I can imagine how yummy maple syrup (and bacon :) is! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to get to the grocery store to pick up Brussels sprouts so I can make this dish! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!