Monday, May 6, 2019

Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Lemon Pepper Seasoning

If you're grilling out and looking for a side dish that's a little different... These three ingredient Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Lemon Pepper are super simple but bursting with big flavor! I also like that grilling them in foil makes for easy clean-up. Cooked sweet potatoes look like regular potatoes but can be a little soft... That's why I suggest giving them a quick mash with a fork, leaving some larger pieces, kind of rustic looking. 

Those charred bits add lots of great flavor:@)

I've mentioned previously I'm fond of the Great Value lemon pepper seasoning from Walmart.
The other day I found this Kingsford/Badia brand at Dollar Tree... It's very nice! 
Grab it if you see it folks:@)
Oh and, if you happen to have some boneless skinless chicken breast... 
Rub with olive oil and ~generously~ cover both sides of the meat with this seasoning, you will be happy!
Come to think of it, do the same with some asparagus and you'll have a great grilled meal:@)

Foil Pouch Grill Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Lemon Pepper Seasoning
  1. Peel, wash, dry and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2-3/4" pieces.
  2. Place in center of a couple large pieces of tin foil.
  3. Drizzle lightly with olive oil.
  4. Generously sprinkle with your favorite lemon pepper seasoning.
  5. Pull sides of foil up, center over sweet potatoes and fold down a couple times. Fold sides in to totally enclose the potatoes. I like to wrap a second piece of foil over them too.
  6. Grill medium/high for 30 minutes, flipping half way through. I set a timer for 20 minutes to ensure a char on some of the potatoes, then flip the packet.
  7. Carefully remove sweet potatoes from foil and sprinkle with a little more lemon pepper seasoning.
  8. Roughly mash sweet potatoes with a fork and serve.

9 comments:

  1. We are eating more sweet potatoes...they are so good for you! And I love lemon pepper on anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I would have never thought to put lemon pepper on sweet potatoes, but I love the idea of cooking them on the grill, thanks Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never thought of doing sweet potatoes like this before, but I will be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked to find out Bill liked sweet potatoes! Need to toss some on the grill---great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sweet potatoes, and especially the caramelized parts. I did find the cheese sauce at the Dollar Tree, and I will look for this lemon seasoning. I always appreciate your finds that you share, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sweet potatoes too and love the lemony pepper addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious Lynn! I never met a potato I didn't love :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds delicious and so easy too! Pinned

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love sweet potatoes and this is a great recipe that I will sure try! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back to see us soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!