Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Coffee Shortbread Spritz with Optional Chocolate Drizzle or Large Chocolate Chip

These Coffee Shortbread Spritz are for serious coffee lovers only! The flavor is bold and strong and I love the little brown flecks of instant coffee. Folks have asked what's my favorite spritz recipe? I have to say I'm very partial to this basic shortbread one. The only change I made was to add some coffee granules for a new flavor variation and if you choose to, dipping the bottoms into a little chocolate or adding a drizzle to the top is never a bad idea:@) I used an extra large chocolate chip this time. These cookies got a thumbs up at the office!

Did you see that Ghirardelli has grand size semi-sweet chocolate chips out now?
As they say on the package "double size for extra indulgence"-I like that:@)

I used the disc on the right, but from my Super Shooter Cookie Press so the cookies in this pic are a little larger than standard spritz. 
The grand chocolate chips would be a perfect decoration for standard size spritz.

Coffee Shortbread Spritz
1 C butter, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
*2 Tblsp instant coffee granules
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C cornstarch
pinch salt-I used salted butter
1 1/2 C A/P bleached flour
Optional-colored sugar, nonpareils or sprinkles
Optional-melted chocolate for dipping or drizzling, or chocolate chips
  1. Cream butter, vanilla, coffee granules and powdered sugar. *One of those packs of individual servings (six serving size at Walmart/Dollar Tree) is plenty for one batch.
  2. Mix in cornstarch, salt and flour until just combined.
  3. Fill press, form cookies onto cool, ungreased baking sheets. Decorate with colored sugar or sprinkles if desired. Optional: Chill the cookies on the baking sheets for 10-15 minutes before baking. This isn't mandatory but does make a little more defined cookie. 
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until done. 
  5. Remove from pans onto wire rack.
  6. If using chocolate chips, let cookies cool for about a count of 10, then place a chip on top of each cookie. The heat from the cookie will make it stick. If dipping or using drizzle, let cookies cool completely first.
  7. Store in airtight container.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop
Cookie Plan Monday

7 comments:

  1. Lynn, these were made for me :-) Serious coffee lover here, I must make these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take a dozen please! Happy Turkey Day Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a little coffee not a lot. But I picked up one of the cookie shooters at a thrift store I am going to give this a try.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum Lynn! I'll be on the look out for the grand size of baking chips! Happy Thanksgiving. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee spritz??! SO yummy! I like to eat my coffee vs. drink it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the Queen of Spritz, Lynn! I'll bet these were a big hit at the office.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to make these cookies. Coffee and cookies: perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!