Friday, October 5, 2018

Russian Rye Bread -Bread Machine Recipe

This Russian Rye Bread is a nice hearty bread with a chewier crust. Most of the time I use the soft setting in my bread machine, this one calls for the normal setting, 3 hours, 40 minutes. I've made this loaf a couple times now and have to say it's one of our favorites for dinner and it makes great toast too (it's really special with orange marmalade). While I don't believe a bread machine will ever be able to make a true east coast deli rye, this one comes very close in flavor! Don't hesitate to try this bread folks, I don't think you'll be disappointed:@)
Two other bread machine recipes using rye flour: Superb Rye Bread and Pumpernickel.

Russian Rye Bread-from Genius Kitchen
1/2 C + 2 Tblsp warm water
2 Tblsp dark honey-I only had regular honey, I'm going to sub 1 Tblsp molasses next time
1 1/2 Tblsp butter, melted
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 C bread flour-I used A/P
3/4 C rye flour
1 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
1 1/4 tsp yeast
  1. Place everything in bread machine pan in recommended order.
  2. Choose regular setting and let 'er rip!
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I haven't used my bread machine in a long time time to dig it out this sounds wonderful
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a great recipe. I think my bread machine is long gone but I see many of them at the thrift stores so maybe I'll get one and try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love homemade bread! I'm so glad to be back in my kitchen---this would be a great recipe to hone my rusty yeast bread skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's recipes like this that make me want a bread machine! Sounds so good!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with Jenna, Lynn, but I'm wondering why I gave my bread machine away!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for another great bread machine recipe, Lynn! This is one I'd love to try. I might let it mix and rise in my BM and then bake in the oven. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!