Friday, February 9, 2018

Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Small Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch

Here's how things work in my world folks... At 5:30 in the morning I think~ I wonder if I can make a Pressure Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake? This then leads me to the kitchen to see if I have any pineapple. Only a 20 oz can of crushed. Maraschino cherries? Four left in the jar (4 cherries??? I cut them into quarters.) Pinterest suggests using cake mix, didn't have that so I search my blog for a recipe for a small cake batter. 40 minutes later my little spur of the moment cake is safely tucked into the PC baking away:@) It's yummy and moist and we think it turned out pretty darn good!

Since I only had crushed pineapple I filled 1/2 C and pressed out the excess liquid. Kept adding to it until I had 1/2 C of packed pineapple. 
Then let it, and the cherries, drain on paper towels while I mixed the batter.
I've already picked up a can of sliced pineapple and hope to add updated pics after I make my next one:@)

Specialty equipment (in addition to a 6-8 quart pressure cooker):

Pressure Cooker Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Up to 3 Tblsp brown sugar-I used 1 1/2 Tblsp, add more if desired-you know your crowd
Maraschino cherries for color

Pineapple, preferably slices or chunks drained
1 C A/P flour
1/2 C sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 C pineapple juice
1/4 C vegetable oil-I still want to try subbing apple sauce one day...

1 egg
  1. Spray 6" bundt pan or 6-7" springform pan with cooking spray (I used Aldi's Baker's Joy).
  2. Sprinkle bottom of pan with brown sugar and arrange cherries and pineapples in pan.
  3. Mix dry ingredients in bowl, add pineapple juice, oil and egg. Mix well (batter will be thick).
  4. Pour/spoon batter over fruit. Spread out evenly.
  5. Cover pan with foil.
  6. Fill vessel with 1 C water. Sit cake pan on trivet and place in vessel. Or make tin foil sling HERE, sit on trivet that has been placed in vessel.
  7. 18 minutes high pressure, allow natural release. 
  8. Remove from PC, remove foil, place plate over cake pan, turn cake upside down, should easily slide out onto plate.
  9. Cool completely and enjoy!
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

8 comments:

  1. Aren't you clever! And the cake looks soooo good! Great size too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I need to learn to use my pressure cooker more often for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant. I am mostly amazed you keep maraschino cherries in your house. Like it's some kind of staple. I'd be hard pressed to find those or pineapple of any kind in my house.

    Now canned peaches I have. What about some sort of pressure cooker peach cobbler or crumble?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo want a piece of your cake, Lynn! I love pineapple upside down cake and haven't made one in years. You're so smart in making smaller sized ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey,friend...been awhile since I was here...and now...I am starving for a slice of this cake...one of my favorites. I don't have the new PC but I make a mean Pineapple Upside Down Cake in my cast iron skillet and my oven. LOL
    Hope things in your world are good. I lost my darling Mr. Sweet back in July and I am just now learning to breath again. Life goes on...but it surely is hurtful. Come over when you can...new address...bj-sweetnothings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, this is wonderful! Some of my son's friends were asking when I was going to start sharing IP recipes. I have one coming in about a week, but I really want to try some desserts. You've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love small batch baking for the same reason, you cake turned out great especially for spur of the moment and with pantry ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi sweet lady I know it's been a long time.. I love my Instant Pot only had it for two weeks now. My first think I maid was German Rouladen for dinner it came out Yummy... Your cake looks Yummy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!