1 C butter-they don't say softened but I took a little of the chill off of it
1/2 C light brown sugar
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 C unbleached A/P flour
- Beat butter, sugars and salt until light and creamy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, fold in the flour. I found this to be a very dry and crumbly mix, I used my hands to help incorporate the flour but used them as little as possible. I ended up pressing it together into a disc on a piece of wax paper.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Flour surface, roll dough to 1/4" thick. Flour cookie cutters and cut cookies. I just roll my dough between two sheets of wax paper and floured my cutters every other cookie. I also suggest making sure your cookies are 1/4", I think it will make a difference.
- Place on greased or parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges.
I'm very pleased with this recipe folks and if you've been searching
for a good one to use with detailed cutters or cookie stamps, I think you'll like it too!