Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Fajita Marinade and my 100th Jalapeno Post!

This year's contribution to Cinco de Mayo is a nice recipe for a Fajita Marinade, I just had to try it the day I saw it. Literally stopped at the supermarket on my way to work for a pepper and lime, already had the 'peno in the fridge... And speaking of jalapenos, this is my 100th post using those tasty little chiles in one way or another. That tickles me for some reason:@) As for this marinade, most of the comments say it has an authentic taste, this Philly Girl can't speak to that, but I did think it was very tasty, recommend it and would make it again!
 I butterflied the chicken breast before marinating it and used a flat Lodge cast iron griddle, that gave me lots of room for cooking.
Muy Bueno!

Fajita Marinade-from Simply Recipes
Makes enough for 1 1 /2lbs chicken breast:
2 Tblsp fresh lime juice
3 Tblsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1/4 C fresh cilantro, chopped
  1. Mix everything, add chicken or beef and let marinate at room temperature for an hour, turning every once in a while.
  2. Pat chicken/beef dry before cooking in cast iron or on the grill.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Foodie Friday

10 comments:

  1. Lynn,you sweet Philly lady, thanks for the recipe, I think it's one I'll have to try soon! I love your idea to use a black iron skillet! We typically grill them outside and this is such a great idea!
    Have a great day~
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fajitas are one of our favorites, so versatile, and your marinade sounds so fresh and easy~ Congrats Lynn for sharing so many ways to spice things up!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. laughed when i saw '100th jalapeno post' in your title. :) you really belong in texas, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect! I'm making shredded beef tacos for dinner tomorrow---I may borrow some of the spice profile here :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And they are so good for you! I bought a big jar of salsa at the store today....wish I had gotten a jar of peppers too. Keep on sharing those great recipes, please! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lynn, that sounds so good! Thanks for sharing all of the wonderful recipes over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of jalapeno recipes - congrats! They sure do spice up a meal wonderfully. Chicken fajitas are one of my favorites! This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and hooray on your 100th jalapeño post, Lynn! You put a lot of spice in our lives. This marinade sounds great and I'll bet it would be good on pork tenderloin, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 100th jalapeño post is cause for celebration in addition to fajitas Lynn! I think you should infuse some vodka for spicy Bloody Marys and celebrate :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn, I tried your recipe last night with some leftover roast chicken--I just put the sliced chicken in the marinade for 15 minutes, then reheated in a frying pan and used it for fajitas. It was delicious and I will use it again! Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!