Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Easy Hooded Scarf for Barbie-Crochet Pattern

Weather Channel Update: It's snowing heavily right now in Philly, crazy windy, we're expecting about 10" today and predict lots of shoveling. We now return you to your regularly scheduled blog:

This Hooded Scarf for Barbie was a fun little snowy day project and one a girl can probably complete for herself. It's made in two rectangular pieces using all single crochet, and the crazier the yarn the better... (Barbie's lovin' this funky multi-colored synthetic wool/angora looking fuzzy blend:@) Wouldn't it be great to make one for a girl and a matching one for her doll-I love that!
Click HERE for the sweater from a stretchy glove tutorial.

Yep, the photo shoot was outside during the snow storm,
Barbie didn't think it was a good idea, but she did dry off... eventually:@)

Hooded Scarf for Barbie
H hook, keep stitches loose, I chose to crochet in the top loop only.
Scarf:
Chain 51
Row 1~ SC in first stitch from hook, SC across
Row 2-3~ Chain 1, turn, SC across. My scarf is approximately 12" long and a little under 1" wide. Cut yarn and tie off. Note: You might want to make the scarf 4 rows wide, it depends on the yarn you use.

Hood:
Chain 22
Row 1~ SC in first stitch from hook, SC across
Row 2-7~ Chain 1, turn, SC across. This rectangle should be approximately 5"x2 1/4". Cut yarn and tie off.
  1. Fold the hood in half longways (fold the 5" side in half like a book), right sides together. Sew one 5" side closed. This creates the seam in the back of the hood and the point on top of the hood.
  2. Center the bottom of the hood on the scarf, right sides together. Sew the hood to the scarf.
  3. Weave in your ends-done!

20 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Barbie is keeping warm and being glamorous at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!

    Not snowing here yet, but supposed to start tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooo going to share this with my sister so that she can make some for my daughters' Barbies!!

    Thanks for sharing at From Dream To Reality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh that scarf is too cute, but poor Ms Diva being out in the snow! 10" of snow is coming your way? You'd better whip up one of those scarves for yourself, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you got Barbie's little hoodie finished just in time! You girls stay warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun!! Very creative! Loved the snowy photo shoot, too. I hope you don't have to dig out too much. For a change, we got lucky & it has missed us.

    Warm hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and needed even in Alabama today and the rest of the week. We had 30 knot wind today and hard freeze tonight. Whimpy by your standards but last year I did not wear a big coat. Much colder this year.

    I NEED to try this. After the cute heart purse and this scarf I am really wanting to try to crochet again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this pretty scarf, Lynn! I especially love the colorful yarn. I have a black hooded scarf that I've worn every winter for years. It's wonderful for keeping my head, ears, and neck warm. You did a great job on this one, Lynn!

    Thanks for sharing the pattern with us; I hope you have a great week. :)

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Barbiei is ready for the snow. Tell her to stop by and play on my snowy hillside that I posted tonight. '-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, Barbie is a good sport! Love the tiny scarf. Great colors. Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Barbie is adorable, and as for YOU? Stay warm and inside!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lynn, I want a matching hooded scarf and gloves if you need an extra project while you're snow bound, too cute :) Hope you're warm & toasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of your Barbie crotchet ideas, Lynn! Even though I only have grandsons at this point, I still enjoy seeing them :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous project. It would be such a cute project for a little girl and her doll. Super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I do not crochet but this and Barbie look wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to try crocheting again. My little 4 year old granddaughter, Saydee is sitting next to me and when she saw this she asked if "I could put her name on it". lol! I think that mean she wants it. By the way, she is playing Barbie while I am babysitting her.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! My sister and I used to play with our mother's old Barbies - the accessories included many hand-knitted or crocheted coats & hats that her mother had made for the dolls. This post made me very nostalgic for those old Barbies! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have the most stylin Barbie on Planet Earth, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. And her little plastic parts will be nice and warm this winter! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!