May the luck of the Irish be with you...
and your Spritz stick to the cookie sheet and not spread out too thin:@)
In hindsight: I'd cut the mints into smaller pieces and sprinkle them in the center going forward, it would be cuter:@)
Basic Vanilla Spritz-came with my old metal Mirro Cookie Press
1 C shortening and/or butter-any combo of the two, I used half and half
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 C A/P flour, sifted
1/2 tsp salt-I don't use this
1/4 tsp baking powder
Andes Mints unwrapped and cut in thirds-optional
- Cream shortening/butter and sugar well.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. If using food coloring I add it now.
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients which have been sifted together.
- Fill press and form cookies on ungreased (not non-stick) cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes-I used 400 degrees and 8 minutes for my oven.
- Once out of the oven top each cookie with a third of an Andes Mint if using. If the candy doesn't melt a little and appear like it's sticking to the cookie you can put them back into the oven for a nano-second, but keep an eye on them.
- Remove to cooling rack.
My tip: A good spritz cookie dough will feel like soft Play Dough, you should be able to easily pick it up and form it into a log to insert it into the press.
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits