- I added 1/4 tsp of onion powder and a shake of cayenne pepper to the milk as it was cooking.
- This is tasty and best served immediately.
- For mac and cheese lovers this is a great, quick weeknight side dish, and it sure beats the blue box for the kids lunch! I wouldn't serve it with Sunday dinner though. It's hard to beat a truly creamy, white sauce based mac and cheese.
- Do I recommend trying it? Absolutely! Let me know what you think:@)
2 C milk, you may need up to 1/4 C extra for moisture
2 C elbow macaroni
1 C shredded cheddar
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp dijon-optional-I didn't use
1/4 tsp smoked paprika-optional-I didn't use
10-15 cranks black pepper-optional
- Add 2 C milk and macaroni to pot.
- Add lid, bring to a boil, but stir often.
- As soon as it boils reduce to a simmer and cook till pasta softens (approx 10 minutes), stir often while keeping the lid on between stirs.
- Once the pasta is soft turn off heat and add your flavorings, mix.
- If it looks dry add some more milk.
- Add cheese, stir till melted and combined, serve immediately.
Have a happy day:@)