I can't wait to see what Teeny's cooking up this time, no doubt this pie will fit well with the story line!
When Life Hands You Lemons-Meringue Pie
This is my first meringue pie!
Teeny's When Life Hands You Lemons-Meringue Pie
1 (14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
3 egg yolks
1 (8 inch) pre-baked pie shell-I used a store bought graham cracker crust
3 egg whites-I used 4 because, um, more is better:@)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 C sugar
- In medium bowl mix condensed milk, lemon juice, zest and yolks, pour into cooled pie shell.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until stiff.
- Spread over filling and seal to edge of crust.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Cool and refrigerate till ready to serve.