This isn't Aunt Gerties - crystal clear, blue ribbon from the county fair- pickle brine folks...
The seasoning has ingredients that make it cloudy and tinted kinda red (hot peppers and paprika maybe?).
What it is, however, is amazingly flavorful and makes great pickles! This recipe is for one quart jar.
Montreal Steak Pickles
1/8 C McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
1 Tblsp kosher salt
4 tsp dried minced onion
1 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
1/2 tsp mustard seed
1 1/2 C water
1/2 C cider vinegar
About 7 kirby cucumbers, sliced thick-as many as it takes to fill the jar
- Bring everything except cukes to a boil on the stove, stir to dissolve salt. Remove from heat and cool.
- Slice cukes and put in 1 quart jar, pour cooled (not warm) brine over cukes.
- Cover with lid and set on counter for 3 days, shaking or turning upside down occasionally.
- After 3 days store in fridge.
- They don't need to be canned, as long as they're stored in the fridge they'll be fine.
- Salty, spicy, garlicy, peppery and crispy-what more can we ask for from a pickle!