Sure made the house smell good:@)
1-28 oz can whole tomatoes, drained
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4" pieces
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 C dry white wine
2 tsp dried oregano
Kosher salt and pepper (1/2 tsp each)
2 1/2 lb pork shoulder, trimmed and quartered
12 oz pappardelle or other wide noodles
1/2 C fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/4 C grated Parmesan (1oz)
- In a 5-6 quart slow cooker add first 7 ingredients.
- Add pork, cook covered until the pork is cooked through and easily pulls apart. 6-8 hrs low or 4-5 hrs high.
- 20 minutes before serving, cook the pasta.
- Break meat apart into smaller pieces and stir it back into the cooking liquid. Fold in parsley.
- Serve pork over pasta and sprinkle on Parmesan.
- I used boneless pork loin and browned it in the pot first.
- Instead of wine (which I didn't have) I used water and Chicken Better Than Bullion.
- The sauce/broth was clear, so I added an 8 oz can of tomato sauce towards the end of cooking.
- I also chose to add a can of rinsed cannelini beans. Sweet potatoes would be good in this dish too.
- I forgot to add the parsley and thought I'd skip the Parm calories...
- This is a very nice, easy, long cooking meal. I would make it again!