Soft, fluffy, fragrant and yummy! My sons loved these rolls-very high praise indeed:@)Quick Yeast Rolls
2 Tblsp shortening
3 Tblsp sugar
1 C hot water (I used hot tap water)
1 (.25oz) envelope yeast or 2 1/4 tsp yeast
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 C A/P flour
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and grease 8 muffin cups.
- In large bowl mix shortening, sugar and water.
- Cool to lukewarm and add yeast.
- Add the rest, mix well.
- Let rise in bowl until double in size (approx 25 minutes).
- Divide into muffin tin and allow to rise until double in size again.
- Bake 10 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- I subbed one cup of King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour.
- All of the shortening did not melt completely, no problem.
- I used my Kitchen Aid with the regular paddle.
- This is a wet, sticky dough. I added it to the muffin pan with a spoon, pushing it off the spoon with my finger.
- My boys have asked me to make these again!
Here's the yeast I buy, which ever one is cheaper.