What do these have to do with the nautical theme?
I thought they'd be fun apps for Mary's Cocktail Party over HERE:@)8-10 oz jar of pitted green olives, either pimento stuffed or plain.
1 C sharp Cheddar, shredded
2 Tblsp butter, softened
1/2 C flour
1/8 tsp cayenne (or 1/8 tsp smoked paprika or freshly ground black pepper to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the olives well and dry them on paper towels, set aside.
- Combine the other ingredients in a bowl and mix with hands until the consistency of playdough.
- Pinch off small amount and flatten it in the palm of your hand, wrap it around the olive. Pinch off any excess dough then roll the ball between your hands until it's nice and smooth. Place on baking sheet and roll the rest.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Or you could freeze them, wrap tightly and store them for a week. Baking them straight from the freezer for 20 minutes.
- They taste like Cheez-Its with a salty surprise center! I'll bet they'd be great subbing a cube of ham in the middle too.
- They are nice with the cayenne, I'd like to try black pepper.
- I had the smallest olives on hand, I think they should be bigger.
- Do start checking on them around 12 minutes.
- You'd get approximately 24 apps with the small olives.
- I copied this recipe long before I started blogging, found it somewhere on the net.