A little healthier, no cream cheese or sour cream in site, and vegetarian too! (Just don't tell the guys.)
1/4 C oil packed sun dried tomatoes
Sun Dried Tomato Dip
2 Tblsp chopped bottled roasted red peppers
1/2 C walnuts-toasted
1 tsp finely chopped shallot
1 1/2 Tblsp red wine vinegar
2 Tblsp water
1/4 C olive oil
Put everything except EVOO in the food processor, puree.
Stream oil in slowly. Season with salt.
- I dehydrated some tomatoes from the garden this summer so that's what I used.
- Comments suggested adding extra vinegar, so I did! I used 1 Tblsp water, and 2 1/2 vinegar.
- Comments also suggested cutting back on the oil if you used oil packed tomatoes.
- I did not use a shallot, but added a Tblsp of chopped onion.
- I also added 1/2 tsp sugar.
- I like it, it's different for me, but not something I'll add to the "just gotta have again" list.
- But hoping you love it if you try it:@)