Week One - White Bean Dip!
I love beans! This is a very simple dip, easily doubled, etc.White Bean Dip
1 can of white beans (cannelloni), rinsed well
1 tsp dry rosemary or small sprig of fresh (I used a 4" young stem from my plant, stripped the leaves off)
2 small cloves garlic
Olive oil (I used about 3 tsp)
Add beans, rosemary and garlic to food processor and pulse until mashed.
Scrape down sides, drizzle olive oil and process until creamy.
- Even though it's made in the food processor, I would chop the rosemary before adding it. Unless you really like rosemary.
- Don't be afraid to serve this to guys. Just because it doesn't call for bacon doesn't mean it's Chick Food. Rosemary and garlic are assertive flavors.
- I was curious about how far in advance you could make this because of the fresh garlic. Well, I made it last night and it was good, I put it in the fridge and photographed it tonight and it was very good. Garlic-y, but good!
- You do have to add salt, it is important.
- It was good with the veggies, great with the tortilla chips-but what isn't? They also suggest bagel chips, pita bread or just cut up rustic bread.
- I'd like to try this with roasted garlic, I'd add at least 6 cloves.
- This makes approx 1 cup of dip.
- My biggest goal at the end of this challenge is to not weigh 1,000 pounds by January:@)
dancing pigs in the header can be!) and serve my dip on a doily...