Thursday, June 24, 2010

Zukes-From Plant to Plate In No Time!

Well it's here... zucchini season! I can't wait to see how many different recipes folks have to use this over-achieving plant! I'm joining Foodie Friday today, please stop over to see what everyone else is cooking up!
I'll start off with an extremely simple sauté, most have probably tried it already, 
but it's good and worth mentioning again!

Zukes, garlic, a healthy pinch of crushed red pepper flakes, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Use as much garlic as you like, I used one big clove for this amount, I'd even add more next time!
(Now, you don't have to have a cute pig cutting board, but it really does bring something to the party!)

Heat pan over medium, add oil, then garlic and pepper flakes, then add zucchini, grind some pepper on top. Keep the heat med-low so you don't burn the garlic, stir/flip things around a bit and when zukes begin to get a little color on them, remove from heat, add salt to taste.

Grab a fork and enjoy!
Have a happy day!

14 comments:

  1. Yummy! I zucchini for supper but yours looks better than mine :) I'll try this. Love the cute piggy board!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmmm, great minds think alike....Your zukes are so pretty though, mine do not have the white lines?? I have so many zukes I think I am going to try frying some up...good way to kill all the healthyness of the veggies!! hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I don't like zucchini that much but those look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We LOVE zucchini and yours look so good!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love zucchini! Guess what is going on my shopping list...! Your recipe looks delightfully yummy!
    Dee Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really enjoy sauteed zucchini. Try adding a little dried marjoram next time - it's a flavor match made in heaven.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks really easy! What a nice side dish. I eat zucchini a lot, but I've never made it quite that way. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look inviting.
    Good to have home grown items at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I love these. I eat a lot of ratatouille. This would be great!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to saute zucchini, but never thought of crushed red pepper, I'll have to try that, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just trying to soften us up for when you have a zucchini overload and are going to start sending them to us in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum I love Zucchini. Wish I had enough room to grow some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your zucchini looks marvelous. My garden is behind yours, and like you I look forward to the harvest. I saw a wonderful panini with squash blossoms, jack cheese, and smoked turkey. They spread garlic butter on the outside of the bread before they grilled it. I thought of it when I saw your post...zucchini and garlic, a winning combination! Thanks...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!