Monday, April 8, 2024

Vegetarian Chili Mac

No secret to anyone here, I love to eat:@) But if there's one thing I know, it's that a meatless dinner at least once a week is a good idea. This Vegetarian Chili Mac is filling, tasty, and can be made in about 30 minutes. And as the weather is hopefully getting warmer, regular chili might be a little heavy, this is a lighter version. I feel it's also a great recipe to help teach kids how to cook. This is ~incredibly versatile~, add more veggies, swap out the canned tomatoes for Rotel if you'd like. Use the beans you have on-hand (I had black beans for this batch). But no matter how you make it, I do highly encourage you to serve it with sour cream-good stuff folks.
Don't hesitate to start with this recipe,
I think it will appeal to most.
Then make it your own:@)

Vegetarian Chili Mac-from Taste of Home
1 large onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2 C water
1 1/2 C uncooked elbow macaroni
14.5 oz can chili beans, undrained
14.5 great northern beans, drained and rinsed
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
8 oz tomato sauce
4 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Sour cream for serving
  1. In dutch oven cook onion and peppers in olive oil until onion is translucent.
  2. Add garlic, cook for a minute, stirring constantly.
  3. Add everything else except for some cream. Bring to boil, stir, reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally, or until macaroni is cooked.
  4. Serve with sour cream.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

1 comment:

  1. That does sound like a tasty Chili Mac, Lynn. I’m in cahoots with you as I like to eat, too! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!