Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Small Any Fruit Pie Filling Dump Cake Recipe -Jiffy Cake Mix

Every once in a while I like to make a fast dessert using minimal ingredients, and this one only calls for three things. I'd also prefer that it only be for dinner, not temp me for days:@) That's exactly what this Small Any Fruit Dump Cake is, and we all thought it was pretty darn good. Maybe not Easter buffet glamorous, but nice for Sunday dinner. Especially with a little scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. Start with any canned fruit pie filling you'd like, and it really doesn't matter what size... This will work best with 20 oz, but I think we can get away with 15 oz if that's all we have. And instead of a regular cake mix, I used the smaller Jiffy size, it worked great. 
Note: 9x13" crowd size would require two cans of pie filling, a full size cake mix, and 1/2 C butter.

Small Any Fruit Dump Cake
20 oz can pie filling
Jiffy yellow cake mix
1/4 C butter, cut into thin pats
  1. Pour pie filling into pie dish.
  2. Evenly sprinkle cake mix over filling.
  3. Add pats of butter all over top.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees for about 35-45 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbling at edges.
  5. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Let's try something new, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

4 comments:

  1. I love dump and bake recipes, and love the smaller size of this dessert! Thanks Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds, etc. . . .I have one in the oven this minute, grabbed up from shelf and cupboard, as I stuck the Tuna casserole in the oven. There was a new disposable pan in the cabinet, a little bit smaller than a 9x13, and I dumped in a can of cherry, stirred it a bit with a dash of vanilla and sprinkle of Turbinado, then a can of crushed pineapple, and the same sprinkles, hoping I wouldn't approach overflow. The whole cake mix fit atop that, with the whole stick of butter in little pats, and just a whisper of Turbinado over all. It's sitting on a cookie sheet for safety and avoid a spill. I take it the Jiffy might be a smaller size than another cake mix? I did remark, as I got all the things from the open cupboard by the back door, "This is beginning to resemble Roseanne's kitchen!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yours sounds good! I like the addition of vanilla:@) Yep, the Jiffy is about half of a traditional boxed mix.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of a smaller version of the dump cake! I think I have a box of Jiffy in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!