Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes

To me, the slow cooker/Crock Pot is supposed to save us time, so I really don't want to have to cook something before I add it to the vessel. Also, I'd prefer to have only one thing to clean:@) So instead of making a white sauce and adding cheese, then pouring it over potatoes, I simply layered a few ingredients as a little food experiment... While these Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes might not be gourmet, they certainly will be a nice hearty side dish. I had them with dinner, and they reheated well in the microwave to serve with eggs for breakfast.

Waxy potatoes are best in the slow cooker, why did I use russets? Say it with me now... Because that's what I had on hand-right. For reference: I made one pound in my 4 quart Crock Pot. Crunchy ends from the side of the vessel:
I also used a liner for super easy clean-up. Honestly, the liners are my favorite part of slow cookers:@)

Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
For each 1 lb potatoes:
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
Seasoned salt
Onion powder
Black pepper
  1. Peel or leave the skin on the potatoes, wash well. Slice potatoes very thin. A mandoline is the best tool for the job (please use the guard).
  2. 4 quart slow cooker: Either spray vessel with cooking spray or use a liner.
  3. I split the potatoes in to three piles. Spread first layer into vessel. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, onion powder, and black pepper.
  4. Top with 1/3 of the cheese.
  5. Add the next layer and repeat... Add third layer and repeat...
  6. Place towel under lid, cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.
Enjoy an easy side dish, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a potato rut---the guys love potatoes and now I have your tasty cheesey potatoes to add to our Sunday night dinner menu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how the both of us use what we have on hand. These sound really good, Lynn, and easy. I have yet to buy slow cooker liners. I really need to do that!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!