Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Pie Crust Cinnamon & Sugar Pinwheel Cookies

These Pie Crust Cinnamon & Sugar Pinwheel Cookies are truly a use it up idea folks. I had an extra store bought pie crust so -keeping things super easy- I unrolled it, liberally sprinkled with cinnamon, then used colored sugar, rerolled, sliced and baked. Were some a tad smaller than others? Yep, I liked it. Any extra small or scraps... Well, let's just call that the cook's treat:@) I took a pic with a few un-iced so you could see the color. I do think they need the drizzle for a little extra sweetness. 

Truly bite sized little cookies, 
perfect with coffee or tea...

Pie Crust Cinnamon & Sugar Pinwheel Cookies
  1. Unroll pie crust (or roll out some homemade).
  2. Liberally sprinkle top with cinnamon.
  3. Liberally sprinkle top with stripes of red and green sugar. Cover the whole top. I added mine in diagonal stripes. Alternately, make one side red, the other half green, then you'd have solid cookies of each color.
  4. Re-roll. Cut into 1/4" rounds and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Can dip finger in water to help seal the tail to the circle.
  5. Optional-Sprinkle tops with sanding sugar (my sanding sugar kinda just bounced all over the baking sheet...).
  6. Bake at 425 degrees (for store bought pie crust) for about 10-12 minutes, or until bottoms are browned and crust is done.
  7. Place tray on cooling rack for a couple minutes, then remove cookies and cool completely.
  8. Drizzle tops with melted white chocolate or candy melts, let firm up.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I always loved when my mom made those little treats with her leftover pie crust. I used to do them for my family. Yours are so pretty with the colored sugar, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!