Monday, November 27, 2023

Flop to Fab... It's all how you look at it:@)

I'm no stranger to Bloggy Bloopers folks. And if you spend any time testing out new (to you) recipes, you undoubtedly know that they don't always work out or live up to expectations. Yep. I'm fond of coconut, saw a macaroon cookie recipe that included dried fruit and nuts, and since I had everything on-hand, whipped up a batch. Let's just say they didn't bake up as cookies, they got toasted on the outside, but stayed gooey on the inside. Bummer. So... I didn't want to waste all of that great dried fruit, and since it was made with sweetened condensed milk and no eggs... I whipped up a quick boxed cake mix, and broke up the "cookies" to use as frosting. Wa-la, presenting one very nice dessert:@)

Crumbly, sticky and gooey, and bits were falling off the fork and bounced all over the plate, but, man it tasted good:@)

If things don't work out quite as planned this holiday season, may I suggest we take a breath step back and look at the situation in a different light. Perhaps for what it can be, instead of what it isn't:@)

Here's hoping your cookies don't crumble!
Have a happy day:@)