Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Dijon Mustard Cherry Tomato Salad

Mustard on tomatoes??? Yes:@) My tomato plants are still producing so I whipped up this Dijon Mustard Cherry Tomato Salad and have to say, if you like Dijon, fresh garlic, and a little vinegary tang, you will love this one! I sure did. The only thing I might do differently, reduce the olive oil by at least half to make the vinaigrette just a little thicker. The recipe calls for parsley, and I'm sure that would add an extra level of freshness, I had chives in the garden so that's what I used. Good stuff folks, don't hesitate to give this a try if you want to try something just a little different.

Dijon Mustard Cherry Tomato Salad-from Kosher.com
One pint cherry tomatoes, about 30
1/4 C olive oil
2 Tblsp vinegar-I used white
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/4 C fresh parsley, finely chopped
  1. Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar and salt together.
  2. Fold in tomatos and parsley.
  3. Can serve immediately or (they say) can let sit covered in fridge for up to 2 days. I suggest immediately.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynn...another new recipe so simple and sounds delicious. I may have to make it for my luncheon on Saturday...if the tomatoes keep 'throwing up'...LOL. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you’re still getting tomatoes from your garden. Your salad sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!