Monday, August 7, 2023

Single Serving Microwave Old Fashioned Oats

I saw a box of flavored instant oatmeal marked down to 56¢ and decided to pick it up. It's been about 100 years since I've had that and, um, I think it's best left for the kids... But I will say I loved the convenience of popping it into the microwave, so... These Microwave Old Fashioned Oats are just as quick, and easily flavored exactly as you'd like. I'm a big fan of cinnamon and raisin myself:@) Or any fruit would be good, here I had a peach from my neighbor's tree. Oh, and a little brown sugar never hurts either! 
I personally find that 1/4 C oats is a nice size breakfast for me.
9/3/23 Update: They expand and may overflow in microwave. I've begun making them in a pint mason jar and watching as I make it. Turn off microwave if they begin to rise, stir and then start it again.

Single Serving Microwave Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 C old fashioned oats
3/4 C water
  • Add to bowl, stir. Cover with plastic wrap or plate. Microwave on high for 1 minute, stir. Cover and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer. Let sit for a few seconds, stir and serve. *Note: All microwaves are different, you'll have to try it to find what times work best for you.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. funny I tried instant oatmeal not that long ago and ick is right.
    cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!