Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Healthier Oatmeal and Banana Waffles -A One Ripe Banana Recipe

I'll be the first to admit that I love kitchen toys, and have owned... Most of them. But one thing I've always looked at but passed on was a mini-waffle maker. You know the ones, they make one individual waffle at a time. Well, the holiday designs were $5 the day after Christmas at Walmart, so I grabbed the snowman figuring it would be good all winter, and then I can use the side with squares for the rest of the year. The first thing I made were these Oatmeal and Banana Waffles. I liked that I could use up one ripe banana, I'm always looking for more ways to use oatmeal, and that the batter didn't call for any additional sugar. For my pictures I dusted them with powdered sugar, but would definitely serve them with a sweeter syrup. Now, I'm not a waffle expert folks, but I will say upfront, these will not be crispy. Kinda more like ~really cute~ pancakes... I'm ok with that:@)

The recipe below will make approximately 3 of these 5" size waffles.
It's easily increased.

I can already see that the amount of batter per waffle is more of a "feel"
rather than a measurement.
I'll address that in a later post,
after I've played with the waffle iron a little more.
I'm impressed with the non-stick coating on the iron, it worked well:@)

Oatmeal and Banana Waffles-from somewhere down the rabbit hole of Pinterest...
1/2 C oatmeal-I used old fashioned oats
1 banana
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
  1. Add all to blender, mix until smooth.
  2. Pour onto preheated waffle iron.
  3. Cook until baked through, per your waffle iron instructions.
  4. Serve with syrup, powdered sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, etc...
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. What a cute waffle maker Lynn. I love the snowmen on it and these waffles look so good. Thanks for the recipe and have fun using your waffle maker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you in buying the bargain waffle maker. The waffles turned out really cute and perfect use of one banana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these, and $5 is quite a bargain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!