Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Darn Good Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Walnuts

When I found this recipe it came with just under 1,000 reviews, had 5 stars, and was written up as 'the only' Zucchini Muffins recipe you'll ever need. Wow, that's pretty hard to live up to! Naturally I was curious... So, I whipped up a batch, dropped some off for Ma, and took the rest to work. The verdict? Yep, we all loved them:@) The absolute only thing I changed, subbed half unsweetened applesauce for half of the oil. Other than that, followed the recipe to a T. Don't hide behind the curtains the next time the neighbor comes to the door with extra zucchini folks... I highly recommend giving these muffins a try!

Zucchini, dark chocolate, lemon, walnuts and cinnamon..
I'd call that a power food:@)
They do freeze beautifully too.

Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips & Walnuts-from Allrecipes
1 1/2 C A/P flour
3/4 C sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 C vegetable oil-can sub 1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C milk
1 Tblsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla
1 C shredded zucchini
1/2 C chocolate chips, they used mini, I used regular size semi-sweet
1/2 C chopped walnuts
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, grease or line with paper, 12 cupcake pan.
  2. Mix flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt.
  3. Mix egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla. Stir wet into dry until just moistened.
  4. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts.
  5. Fill cupcake pan 2/3 full.
  6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn’t hide behind the curtains if you came by with zucchini, Lynn! These sound so good and I’d love to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking with zucchini is on my to do list today, and your muffins with chocolate chips and walnuts sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!