Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Peeps Rice Krispy Treats

This may just be the best use for leftover (or intentionally purchased) Peeps out there! These Peeps Rice Krispy Treats are not only tasty, but they turn a pretty pastel color. I was skeptical that they would be multi colored once melted, but as long as you don't stir the Peeps until after you add the cereal, it works! But if you'd like to keep the color the best and brightest, they do offer a microwave version on the site which calls for four separate bowls of colored Peeps. As the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer here at Pig In Mud... We just used one pan:@)

Nice and soft and, um, gooey:@)

I tried to keep my colors separated as best I could:

Blue and pink in the pan. 
I chose one side each, they could be mixed by adding spoonful's.
If I used yellow too, I would have done that:
I'll list what I did below, recipe easily increased for more colors.
I'm guessing double the recipe would work in an 8 or 9" square pan.

Peeps Rice Krispy Treasts
Two packs 3 oz Peeps (8 count each), assorted colors
2 Tblsp butter
3 C Rice Krispy Cereal
Sprinkles-optional, I did not use them this time
  1. Melt butter over low heat.
  2. Add Peeps, allow to melt, do not stir colors together.
  3. Remove from heat, and cereal, pat down so colors stick. Then stir in cereal. I did try to keep my colors separate.
  4. Line loaf pan with parchment, spread mixture evenly in pan. (Use bigger pan for larger amounts of mixture)
  5. Add sprinkles to top if using.
  6. Cool, cut and serve!
Share a snack with your Peeps and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!