Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Cinnamon Heart Spritz Cookies (or any disc shape)

Don't put the cookie press away folks! How about whipping up some Cinnamon Heart Spritz Cookies for Valentine's Day this year. This is a very nice cookie, a crisp shortbread consistency, and perfect with a cup of tea or coffee. You'll most likely notice the almond extract when first baked, but then as they have a day or two to sit the cinnamon will shine through:@) I used the Oxo heart disc with my Kuhn Rikon press, that really does seem to be my favorite cookie press. 
  • This turned out to be a pretty thick batter, I did add 1/2 tsp warm water, aim for it feel more like Play Dough. 
  • It held it's shape well and didn't spread much.
  • I added about 7 drops of red food coloring for a half batch.
  • I might let the dough be it's natural color and just use a pretty pink sanding sugar with the red candy center next time.

Double Cinnamon Heart Spritz Cookies
2 1/2 C sifted A/P flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 C butter, softened
1 1/4 C sifted powdered sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla
few drops red food coloring
*optional if necessary, I did add a tsp warm water 
red cinnamon candy, can use Red Hots, I had cinnamon imperials baking decorations
  1. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
  2. Mix in egg yolk, cinnamon, extracts and food coloring. 
  3. Add flour and salt, mixture will be thick. I did have to add 1 tsp hot water to help with consistency.
  4. Fill cookie press, and using desired shape disc press onto cool, ungreased cookie sheets.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees 6-12 (ovens vary) minutes or until just beginning to turn golden brown around edges.
  6. Remove cookies to rack and cool completely.
  7. Store in air tight container.
Enjoy and cookie and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Very cute, I love anything with almond extract, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m with Jenna and love almond flavoring. These little gems are calling me to bake them! ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!