Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Buffalo Pork Tenderloin -Two Ingredient -Slow Cooker

I had one medium size pork tenderloin that had been in the freezer longer than planned... So I decided to toss it into the Crock Pot with nothing more than a coating of Walmart's Great Value Buffalo Wing Seasoning Mix. It cooked up great, shredded beautifully while hot, sliced perfectly chilled, and had that wonderful warm Buffalo Sauce flavor profile. This is a nice starting point for several serving options:@)


Here I used the shredded meat to make some Pork Nachos. 
(Pork, cheddar cheese, finely diced celery and peppers optional, pickled jalapenos optional. 
Pile tortilla chips high with ingredients, microwave or heat in oven until cheese melts. Serve with more hot sauce). 
It would also be great in Buffalo Macaroni Salad, or served on top of some Mac and Cheese
or stuffed into jalapenos, or turned into a hot or cold sandwich.
See, this is versatile stuff folks:@)

The seasoning I used:

Two Ingredient Buffalo Pork

  1. Place pork in vessel of 3-6 quart slow cooker and liberally sprinkle all over with the envelope of Buffalo seasoning. I used the whole envelope and did not add any liquid.
  2. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until done, or on low for 6-8 hours or until done. Food police say 145 degrees.
  3. Shred, adding a little cooking liquid if needed for moisture (or chill and slice).
  4. Use in any dish desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I love the term food police. I am glad I learned to cook before everyone was scared of food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! Gotta get my pork tenderloin out of the freezer soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just so happen to have a packet of that very same seasoning, Lynn. I like the simple, easy recipe and all the ways of using it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!