Monday, July 6, 2020

Zucchini and Blueberry Loaf Cake

I had half of a large zucchini and some vanilla yogurt to use up and decided this Zucchini and Blueberry Loaf Cake sounded good. Turns out, it was:@) This is a dense cake that doesn't rise very much, but it was bursting with flavor! It was very moist and would be perfect with a nice cup of coffee or tea. You could always add a lemon glaze or sprinkle the top with powdered sugar right before serving, but we enjoyed it as is. If you'd like to make a bigger cake, simply double the recipe and use an 8" square pan. And you can peel the squash if you'd like, I left the green on mine.

Zucchini and Blueberry Loaf Cake
1/4 C butter, room temperature
1/3 C sugar
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1 egg
1 C A/P flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tblsp yogurt-I had vanilla yogurt to use up
1/2 C shredded, squeezed dry, zucchini-grab handfuls and squeeze, whatever liquid comes out is good enough
1 C frozen blueberries
  1. Beat butter and sugar until light a fluffy.
  2. Beat in lemon extract and egg.
  3. Add flour, baking powder, salt and yogurt, mix well. Batter will be very thick.
  4. Stir in zucchini by hand. Once you get that incorporated, stir in the blueberries.
  5. Spoon/press into greased and floured loaf pan. My pan was 9"x5" and I used a spray
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  7. Cool and glaze or sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired. 
Enjoy a piece of cake and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Wonderful Wednesday
Creative Muster
Handmade Monday

7 comments:

  1. Oh my that looks good! I remember having so many zucchinis at the same time and making all kinds of dishes with them. Enjoy your day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so good. I will have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread sounds like a wonderful summertime treat! I’m thinking that muffins would be a good option, too. I’m curious, do you peel the zucchini? I hope you had a happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, baking with zucchini always produces a moist and good result!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look delicious! Hopefully, I'll have zucchini on my container plants before too long :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's how I want to eat zucchini Lynn! Would love a slice this morning~ ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!