Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Jellickles -Sugar Free Jello Flavored Dill Pickles -Southern Treat or Bloggy Blooper?

I hear there's a snack that originated in the south called Koolickles... It's a dill pickle flavored with KoolAid here. The KoolAid makes it a fun color and adds a burst of fruity flavor. Most recipes call for sugar so I decided to try Jellickles, a Sugar Free Jello Flavored Dill Pickle! I used strawberry Jello and simply poured it into a 17 oz jar of dill pickle spears (and shook like crazy:@). They had color and flavor after a couple days, these pictures are over a week. Aim to serve them in about a week. Did I expect these to be a big hit here in Philly, especially with ~my~ crew? Honestly, no. But I will say, I placed some chunks with toothpicks out during Sunday dinner and each son did try them...
One said he tasted pickle first, strawberry after. The other Strawberry Jello first, pickle second.
So... If you're looking for a conversation starter, or something different to talk about,
this little project is less than $2. It's a good one to get the kids involved in too.
If you make a batch today, you'll have something fun for the 4th of July BBQ!

Oh, and speaking of that dinner conversation?
I was asked "Um, does Jello sponsor your blog Mom???"

Try something just for fun and have a happy day:@)

7 comments:

  1. That’s a new one to me, Lynn, but the jellickles sound like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very cool! I can't wait to try it on my family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the south and have heard of them but never tried it. I might give it a whirl now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! My sons would give them a try....Bill is another story!! Definitely a fun recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too creative Lynn, I love the Jello-sponsor comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!