Monday, July 29, 2019

French Onion Soup Rice -Instant Pot Pressure Cooker or Stove Top

I needed a starchy side dish for Sunday dinner and decided rice sounded good, and since I always have dry onion soup mix in the closet... Wa-la! We all really enjoyed this French Onion Soup Rice, the soup mix added that nice caramelized onion flavor you'd expect. I used my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker, but you could also make this on the stove top. It's super easy, nice and flavorful, and I will be keeping this idea handy going forward:@)
Between Aldi, Walmart and Dollar Tree, I can always find a two envelope box of soup for 69¢ to $1.

French Onion Soup Rice
2 C long grain rice
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
3 C water for pressure cooker ~or~ 4 C for stove top
2 Tblsp butter-just because:@)
parsley for garnish if desired-I had it and desired... but forgot to add some-ugh.

Pressure cooker:
Add everything except parsley to pressure cooker vessel.
Choose rice setting, use automatic release.
Fluff rice, sprinkle with parsley (if using) and serve.

Stove top:
Add everything except parsley to pot, bring to boil, stir and reduce to low simmer.
Cover pot and cook until rice is tender.
Fluff rice, sprinkle with parsley (if using) and serve.

Eat well (remember the parsley) and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Mix It Up Monday
Celebrate Your Story
Wonderful Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and so easy Lynn! Happy Monday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make a lot more rice when the kids were home....but this recipe is so darn easy, that it would be a yummy addition to so many meals!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great, flavorful side dish, Lynn. I have onion soup mix in the pantry, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many minutes is the rice setting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, my 6 qt Instant Pot is 10 minutes, 3 qt Instant Pot is 12. If you don't have an automatic setting you might want to Google it, all PC's are a tad different:@)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!