Monday, August 27, 2018

Pineapple and Bacon Sweet Baked Cannellini Beans-Crock Pot, Oven or Grill

If you'd like to bring something different to your next grill-out or football party... These Pineapple and Bacon Sweet Baked Cannellini Beans are really good folks! The pineapple added a nice little sweet bite, was a dominant flavor and surprisingly tasty with the beans. I deviated a bit from the original recipe by adding fresh bell pepper (instead of pickled jalapenos), and cut back on the bacon and brown sugar. I do highly recommend this recipe, it's now on my list of favorites... And if you want to add more sugar, well, you know your crowd:@)

I used my Instant Pot Pressure Cooker to make these beans. First, pushed the saute button and cooked my bacon. Removed it to a paper towel and poured the fat into a mason jar. Stored it in the fridge to use with something else. Then I added everything to the vessel and pushed the slow cooker button.
It worked out great!
Leftovers can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.
My recipe below is a variation of half of the original recipe, you can click the link to see the original. 

Pineapple and Bacon Sweet Baked Cannellini Beans-heavily adapted from Taste of Home
2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
8 oz can crushed pineapple with juice
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C ketchup
4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 C molasses
1/4 C green bell pepper, diced
1 Tblsp vinegar-I used red wine, white would be fine too
1 large clove garlic, minced
2 tsp ground mustard powder
1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • Mix everything.
  • Crock pot: Add to 2-4 quart crock pot. Cook covered on low 5-6 hours or until heated through.
  • Oven: Add to 8" square dish or 2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove cover, stir and bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes more or until heated through.
  • Grill: Add to disposable foil pan. Cover and cook over indirect medium-high heat for 40 minutes. Remove cover, stir and cook for about 20 minutes more or until heated through.

9 comments:

  1. Your beans look so good, Lynn, and I'm glad that they're a new favorite of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good Lynn. I love beans but not tooooo sweet. I'm coping this recipe and will try it this fall for my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant combo Lynn! Anything is good with bacon & pineapple, I've got to try this!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tasty baked bean recipe Lynn, love your flavor combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound really delicious. I would love to try and make this sometime. Thanks for sharing it at C&C with J&J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never met a bean I didn't like! I love the sweet and sour mix in this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look AMAZING!!!! I love any kind of baked bean recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy! I make a very similar recipe. They are called Sweet and Sour Baked Beans. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the addition of the pineapple to these beans, and will be trying this recipe very soon! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, we sure enjoyed your post!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!