Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Super Simple Thin or Thick Strawberry Glaze

I knew I'd have to make this Super Simple Strawberry Glaze the minute I saw it! The original recipe dipped donuts into the glaze but it would be perfect to drizzle over homemade vanilla bundt cakes and loaf cakes or to dress up a store bought pound cake or angel food cake as I did here. In other words folks... This is a great glaze, just pour it over ~something~ and enjoy:@)
The recipe was written using fresh strawberries but I only had frozen and that worked out fine (although I think fresh would be better). I drizzled mine over the cake on the serving platter, I suggest serving it with a spoon on the platter to scoop up extra glaze.

Strawberry Glaze-from Love Bakes Good Cakes
1 C strawberries
1-3 C powdered sugar, depending on how thick and sweet you want it
~Puree strawberries in food processor or chopper. Add desired amount of sugar and combine well. Drizzle over cake:@)

Have a sticky sweet happy day!

9 comments:

  1. How deliciously easy is that?!! Looks like spring.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love most anything strawberry, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pancakes, french toast, milk shake? Oh the possibilities! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...yummmy!! I see all kinds of possibilities for this glaze Lynn, and it's so easy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Strawberries are my favorite. I agree with Kitty now the possibilities with the glaze are endless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could definitely eat this glaze with a spoon!!! Perfect over pound cake, cheesecake and drizzled right into my mouth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could this be so easy!!! Can you drink it through a straw too?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could probably drink this :) What a simple and delicious idea for pound cake or ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful Lynn, I could slurp it right up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!