The laces were drawn on with a small white icing pen I bought at Walmart (on Christmas clearance).
Here are the two shapes I think would look most like footballs, I used the one on the right:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Spritz Cookies-from Mom Foodie
1/2 C butter, softened
1/4 C creamy peanut butter-it's best to use a Jiff/Skippy creamy type, not a 'natural' PB
1/2 C sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C cocoa powder
1 1/2 C A/P flour
White icing pen for lace decoration
- Cream butter, peanut butter, sugar and salt.
- Mix in vanilla, egg and cocoa powder.
- Stir in flour until combined.
- Press cookies onto cool, ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 7-10 minutes, cool on rack.
- Draw laces on cool cookies.