I used the low slow cooker setting on my 6 quart ♥Instant Pot-still lovin' that purchase folks!
Notes and tips:
- Remove lid away from the pot so condensation doesn't run back into the pot. I do this for both pressure cooker and slow cooker recipes.
- It will look wet and soupy, but once you add the shredded chicken back, it will soak up the moisture.
- Offer bottles of BBQ sauce and hot sauce for serving. Cole slaw would be nice too:@)
- My chicken breasts were Dolly Parton sized (two breasts weighed over 2 lbs)... I would cut them in half next time.
- Recipe easily doubled for a crowd.
- This would work just as well with pork.
2 lbs boneless, skinless breasts, trimmed of fat
1 C BBQ sauce-I used Sweet Baby Ray's Original
1/4 C Italian salad dressing
1/4 C brown sugar
1 Tblsp Worcestershire sauce
salt to taste-I omitted this
- Toss everything except chicken into the cooking vessel, mix well.
- Add chicken, turn to coat with sauce.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours. (My huge breasts took over 6 hours on low, I would cut them in half next time).
- Remove meat, shred, add back to vessel, mix well. If too soupy use saute function and cook for a few minutes, if it looks a little dry add an extra squirt of BBQ sauce.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)