Sunday, July 31, 2016

Funfetti Yellow or White Zucchini Cake

Looking for a great way to try to hide the zucchini in your cake? How about a Funfetti Zucchini Cake! The sprinkles add lots of color and you may just be able to sneak it past the kids:@) Even if you don't use the sprinkles this is a nice moist cake that would work well with any flavor of frosting your crowd likes. You can make a true white cake by using only egg whites, I made half of the recipe and used one whole egg so mine is more of yellow cake.

The full recipe calls for two 8" round cake pans, I used an 8" square pan for half.

Had to chuckle at a comment by Bloggy Buddy Jenna... 
She says she sneaks the zucchini into treats by telling her Grands it's "super hero sugar". 
I love it! 
All I can say is, this was a very popular cake here at Casa de Pig In Mud:@)

Funfetti Yellow or White Zucchini Cake-adapted from I Am Baker
1/2 C butter, room temperature
2/3 C sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 egg whites-I used one whole egg for half the recipe
2 C A/P flour
2 Tblsp cornstarch
3 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 C milk-I had Half and Half
1 C shredded zucchini, squeezed dry-grab handfuls and squeeze, whatever liquid comes out is good enough
3 Tblsp sprinkles
  1. Beat butter, sugar, vanilla and eggs until light a fluffy.
  2. Sift flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
  3. Alternate adding flour and milk to butter mixture, mix until just combined.
  4. Fold in zucchini by hand. Add sprinkles with the last stir or two.
  5. Pour into two greased and floured 8" cake pans. 
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  7. Cool and frost. I made Hershey's One Bowl Buttercream Frosting HERE.

14 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....this looks like one moist and delicious cake! Maybe the sprinkles would be enough camouflage that Bill would actually eat some!! If not, I'm happy to pick up the slack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha,ha, thanks for the shout out Lynn! I think your sprinkle cake is brilliant, who knows what you could hide with that!! Sprinkles make everything instantly fun :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so colourful and yummy ♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love recipes using zucchini! This sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now isn't that a fun, summery cake?! Having the chocolate frosting on top makes it even better. Which did the family like more...this one or the spiced zucchini cake? They both look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to get some extra veggies into the kids!
    Thanks
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything's better with sprinkles Lynn! Perfect for hiding those flecks of zucchini :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!!! I love this idea. This cake looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea! What a fun and healthier cake.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lynn,
    What a great Zucchini Cake we will love it! Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday today. Have a great day and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. They also won't notice the vegetables if you make chocolate zucchini (or carrot) cakes. Google should turn up lots of recipes but I just add cocoa to my z cake/ c cake recipes. I add about 1/3 c. of cocoa per cup of flour in the recipe. (I don't adjust the amount of flour but if you do only remove maybe 2 Tbsps of flour per cup of flour.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Favorite recipes don't change...great idea to add to my garden food list. Thanks, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! I have hidden zucchini in a chocolate cake before but I bet my boys would like this even better. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!