Monday, April 18, 2016

No Bake Orange Jello Creamsicle Cheesecake

Sometimes I just have to try an idea that's stuck in my mind, and after a little searching usually find something similar floating around the net. I decided to start with Kraft's It's A Snap Cheesecake and substitute the unflavored gelatin and sugar with a pack of Orange Jello. Kinda aiming for a Creamsicle flavored Cheesecake. The votes are in and it was pretty darn good:@) I'm thinking other flavors, especially raspberry, would be nice too.
Ma enjoyed it and the kids really liked that this wasn't overly sweet.
You can visit Kraft's site for lower calorie options in the comments section.

No Bake Orange Jello Creamsicle Cheesecake-adapted from Kraft
4 serving size regular Orange Jello
1 C boiling water
2 (8oz) cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
graham cracker crust-mine was store bought
whipped cream-optional
  1. Add boiling water to Jello and mix until dissolved, approximately 5 minutes.
  2. In large bowl beat cream cheese and vanilla until creamy. 
  3. Gradually add Jello to cream cheese, drizzle it in and mix well.
  4. Place in refrigerator and stir every 15 minutes for 45 minutes total. It will begin to thicken.
  5. Pour into pie shell and chill for at least three hours. Once cool, I covered mine in plastic wrap (touching top of filling) and let it sit overnight.
Have a no-fuss, sticky sweet happy day:@)

12 comments:

  1. Count me in for a no-cooking dessert. What a super idea Lynn.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great Lynn, I tried to make a creamsicle cake last summer and it was a big flop! This pie sounds much better and creamy dreamy good!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an easy cheesecake recipe and the creamsicle flavor sounds so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely "dreamy" love this recipe, always have loved these flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My,My, My!! This looks so good and it is something that I really want to make!! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's cool!love it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, This sounds SOOO delicious!!! I love the ease of jello recipes so this one is going to appear on my table soon! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO easy and yummy! I'm thinking strawberry or raspberry for my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bring on the no bake, Lynn, it'll soon be too hot to turn on the oven! Genius to add jello for an orange creamsicle cheesecake and what a pretty color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!