Monday, October 26, 2015

Spinach and Stuffing Balls -Appetizer

Ok, we need to come up with a catchier name for this very tasty Spinach and Stuffing Appy that jumped right to the top of our favorite snack list! These little meatless balls have so much flavor you don't even need a dipping sauce and the kids won't mind eating their veggies... I know my big kids gobbled them right up. Perfect for football parties, holiday appys and the green color would be great for Halloween too ~insert spooky food name here:@)
 I bumped up the flavor by using chicken flavored Stove Top Stuffing-very nice!
If your crowd would be happier with a dipping sauce, we suggest marinara, ranch and a crab sauce even came up...
Someone mentioned adding sausage, that sounded like a great option.
This recipe is easily cut in half, but it freezes well if you make it all or want to get a head start on holiday cooking.
I think you'll like this colorful little appy if you try it folks:@)

Spinach and Stuffing Balls-adapted from The Kitchen Is My Playground
2 (10 oz) packs frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
2 small onions, finely minced-I used 1 tsp onion powder
2 1/4 C stuffing with herbs-I used Chicken Stove Top Stuffing
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 C butter, melted
1/2 C Parmesan cheese-I used the inexpensive pre-grated kind that comes in a jar
2 tsp garlic salt-I used 1 tsp garlic powder and no extra salt
1 tsp black pepper
  1. Mix everything well and form into 1" balls (I used a Tblsp measuring spoon). Place on greased (or parchment/foil/silicone lined) baking sheet.
  2. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  3. Serve and enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. That's my kind of appetizer Lynn! I love the addition of the chicken stove top stuffing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom made these all the time, and I forgot all about them! Thanks Lynn, I'll be making these soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My good friend from Texas first introduced me to these. I think I could eat the whole batch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never made these, Lynn, but your words have me running to the store for the ingredients! Endless possibilities as you mentioned, and I love the idea of a ghoulish Halloween treat! These will be on my next bucket list for sure!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy Lynn! Great appetizer; I love to serve things like this while my friends are having some drinks before I serve them dinner.
    Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm pinning it.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about these--most especially that they are baked. I'm thinking one would have them ready to pop in the oven as guests were arriving.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, These look and sound so delicious I'm definitely putting these on my list for this Thanksgiving!!! I know the entire family will gobble them up!!!!! Thanks for the recipe! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never made these, either, Lynn, and they sound delicious! They'd be extra yummy with the sausage that you mentioned, too. I like the idea that they freeze well, too. That'd be perfect for pre-Holiday preparation.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We would love these! Thanks for the recipe sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I love these spinach balls. A very similar recipe is in our local Jr. League cookbook---I'd kind of forgotten about them. Perfect for the upcoming holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds yummy! Healthy dish. Got inspired about the dish and gonna try it out...

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound beyond YUMMY!!! I particularly like the fact that you made them WITHOUT the onions! My husband suffers from a chronic illness that restricts his diet drastically and onion is one of the things that he CANNOT have at all (we buy onion powder in the 55 gal drum!! LOL!) I think when I make these, I'm going to give them a try as is, and a 2nd batch substituting 1 of the packages of spinach with a can of artichoke hearts - minced!!! Will let you know how that turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love to have a batch of these for dinner! Spinach is one of the veggies my hubby really likes. Pinning this one to try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynn,
    What a great appetizer, perfect for the upcoming entertaining season. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lynn ... did you mix in the stuffing when it was dry from the box, or did you mix it up according to package directions first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I just mixed everything listed right in one bowl. Hope you love it if you try it:@)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!