And my two biggest tips: let it heat up for at least five minutes, don't pay attention to the "ready" light, and after you pull the plug and the food has been plated lay a couple wet paper towels on the grill and close the lid. This will help it steam cooked on bits for easier clean-up.
Sweet Red Chili and Lime Kabobs
Chicken or pork cut into bite size pieces, approx 1"
Veggies of your choice cut into pieces about the same size as the chicken
For each 1/4 C sweet red chili sauce add a loosely packed tsp fresh lime zest
- Soak chicken pieces in a brine of 1 C water, 2 Tblsp kosher salt, 1 Tblsp sugar for 15 minutes.
- Mix the chili sauce and zest in separate bowl.
- Pat the chicken dry, add it to a bowl with the veggies. Use enough olive oil to coat everything, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Skewer meat and veggies.
- Cook on a hot grill until done, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Brush with chili sauce during the last couple minutes of cooking.