Toasted with peanut butter... a very nice way to start the day!
Light Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Bread-adapted from Breadman Plus Recipe Booklet
3/4 C warm milk-if using the timer I don't heat the milk
1 Tblsp butter
2 C A/P flour
2/3 C whole wheat flour
2 Tblsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp yeast-I use regular yeast for this, not the quick rising type we use for our dinner rolls
1/2 C raisins-a mixture of regular and golden is especially nice
- Add everything except raisins to bread pan in the order given. Try to pour the vanilla off to the side away from the yeast. Press dough cycle, this takes 1 hour and 30 minutes if not using the timer.
- Dump dough out onto a lightly floured surface, spread with fingers or roll into a rectangle and sprinkle on raisins. Press raisins lightly into the dough. I found that the machine breaks the raisins up too much for my liking if I add them with the rest of the ingredients. If I was home monitoring the situation I might add them after the unit's been running for about 25 minutes.
- Roll dough up starting with the shorter end. Tucks ends under and place in a 4 1/2 x 8 1/2" bread pan. My pan has a non-stick coating, you might need to grease your pan.
- Cover with a dish towel and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until it crests the top of the pan by 1".
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.
- *If you want to use the bread machine for baking too, add all the ingredients except raisins and choose the fruit/nut cycle. Add the raisins when it beeps.
- *If you are used to baking breads from scratch this recipe can easily be used following the same general guidelines as other recipes.
Treat yourself well and have a happy day:@)