Melted caramel, pecans, brown sugar and apples=a sticky sweet, gooey mess-yum!
Oh and, if it sounds good to you, I'll bet bacon would be great in these too:@)
Caramel Apple Bars
1 1/4 C A/P flour-divided
1/4 C, plus 1/2 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 Golden Delicious apples, cored and chopped about 1/4"-I used Granny Smith
1 C caramel candies cut into quarters, approx 20 caramels
1/2 C walnuts or pecans, chopped
maybe 6-8 pieces of crisped, crumbled bacon-optional-just a thought...
- Lightly grease a 9" square baking pan-Mine is 8".
- In medium bowl combine 1 C flour and 1/4 C brown sugar. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs.
- Transfer to pan and press into an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- In same bowl combine eggs, vanilla, 1/2 C brown sugar and remaining 1/4 C flour.
- Stir in apples, caramels and nuts (and bacon if using).
- Pour over bottom crust and bake 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool slightly before cutting.
- Makes 16 bars.