This was a tasty lunch treat on a cold Philly Saturday-I highly recommend it!
Creamy Tomato Soup-from Kitty's Kozy Kitchen
1 (28oz) can of crushed tomatoes
2 Tblsp tomato paste
3 C water
1 bay leaf
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp sea salt-I used Kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 C heavy cream
- Combine tomatoes, paste, water, bay leaf, sugar and salt in pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until mixture lightly coats the back of a spoon.
- Whisk in pepper and cream and heat through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
- A can of crushed tomatoes can have small chunks of tomato and pieces of skin/seeds in it. For kids (or picky hubbies:@) take it for a spin in the food processor/blender or run it through a food mill.
- Some tomatoes are more bitter than others, add an extra pinch or two of sugar if needed.