While a little camera shy... it has Supermodel taste:@)
I love beans but cut back to one can of black beans and subbed 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, the little bites
of sweetness are great! I tried to keep this more of a broth based soup than a chunky one.
Even if you leave the jalapeno out I think you'll love this soup.
Southwestern Turkey and Black Bean Soup-adapted from dadcooksdinner.com
1 Tblsp vegetable oil-I used olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 jalapeno (optional)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tblsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1 quart homemade turkey stock-you could make this with chicken too
15 oz can diced tomatoes-Mike says drained, I added the juice-Rotel would be good too
4 C black beans, if using canned (2 cans)-drain and rinse
4 C cooked turkey, cubed or shredded-just add as much as you want or have
Juice of one lime-I bet this is amazing, I didn't have it and added a hearty splash of cider vinegar
1 Tblsp brown sugar
S&P-I had Chipotle Salt so I used it
- Cook the onion and jalapeno in oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cook for a minute.
- Add the spices, cook for a few seconds then add the stock, tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer for a while (maybe 15 minutes).
- Add the turkey and beans and heat through.
- Add lime or vinegar and brown sugar.
- S&P to taste-enjoy!
Eat well and have a happy day:@)