I was so lucky to have won the kitchen gadget package from Teeny Templeton and Michael Lee at Designs By Gollum! One of the great items was this way too cute pig dip dish and spreader,
is it perfect or what!!! Thanks so much Michael!
8oz cream cheese, cubed
2 C cheddar cheese, shred
1/2 C Half and Half
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1/2 tsp dry minced onion
1/2 tsp prepared mustard
8 strips of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
Tortilla chips or French bread
In a slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cream, Worcestershire sauce, onion, and mustard. Cover and cook for two hours, or until cheeses are melted, stirring occasionally. Just before serving, stir in crumbled bacon. Serve warm with tortilla chips or bread. Makes 2 cups. The original recipe made twice this much, so double it if you have a crowd.
- I slowly heated everything on the stove top, took about 10 minutes to melt everything.
- Since I cooked it faster, I changed out the dry onion for a tsp of grated fresh onion.
- Using what I had on-hand... I used milk and served it with a thinly sliced hearty rye bread.
- I could see adding a little garlic powder and paprika too.
- This may sound like a joke but... if you'd like to cut back on a few calories, it's good with celery sticks and while I don't have one to test right now, I think apples would be great dipped in this.
- I would make it again!
- PS-The leftovers were pretty good on a bagel the next day too! Adding diced celery would be very nice.
Have a happy day:@)