Earl says "did someone say pie?"
(Guess that means it's really for two...)
Coconut Custard Pie - for one
4 eggs - I used 1
1/2 C sugar - I used 1/8 C
1/2 tsp vanilla - I used 1/8 tsp
1/4 tsp salt - I used a little
2 1/2 C milk - I used 1/2 C and 1/8 C
Ground nutmeg - I'll leave this out the next time
I just added a big handful of coconut to this recipe.
- Oven to 450, bake crust for 5 minutes, cool.
- For filling, mix egg, sugar, vanilla and salt. Gradually add milk and mix well.
- Place pie on oven rack, add coconut, pour in filling. (I placed the pie dish on a baking tray, filled it, then put that in the oven. Glad I did, it caught some dripping)
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover edge of crust with foil. (I just laid foil over the pie.)
- Reduce oven temp to 350 and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until knife inserted off center comes out clean.
- Cool pie on wire rack.
Have a happy day:@)