Thursday, December 2, 2010

Baked Pizza Dip!

Hi everyone, Happy Foodie Friday, I'm also joining I'm Lovin' It and Holly Jolly Recipe Swap!
For my Personal PIGskin Challenge this week I'm making Pizza Dip!
Hope you love it if you try it:@)
Baked Pizza Dip
8oz cream cheese, softened
14oz jar of pizza sauce
1/3 C chopped onion
1 1/2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
6oz can sliced black olives
2oz sliced pepperoni
Corn chips or crackers

Directions:
Press cream cheese into bottom of a 9" pie dish. Spread sauce over the cream cheese. Layer the rest of the ingredients in order.
Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

My notes:
  • Add anything you like on pizza, green peppers, cooked sausage, mini meatballs, mushrooms, etc. I didn't have any pepperoni (bummer), I added green peppers and crushed red pepper flakes.
  • I think the pepperoni should be diced so it's easier to get onto the cracker.
  • I made a half batch in my 5" square baker.
  • This is an ooey, gooey, melty, messy-but tasty-dip! Serve to close friends and family only:@)
  • I'd cut back a little on the pizza sauce the next time.
  • Would be good with pita bread too.
Please join my "The Reason For The Season" party and showcase your Nativity Scene!
Details HERE!

15 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I love your piggy cutting board! I collect those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds really good, Lynn. One more day to the work week....YAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make a similar dip with beanless chili so I will definitely try this one Lynn. I don't know how I missed this post earlier♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooey, gooey & melty...pass the dip! Love your cutting board :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea and it looks and sounds so wonderful! Thanks for sharing this recipe. My whole family will looooove this! Love the green table below too!

    Have a great weekend,

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laughing because Mary not only liked the dip, she noticed the cuttin board.

    I'm so glad you did this pig skin challenge. I have gotten some of the BEST recipes from it. It makes me want to host a superbowl party just to make some and be impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure do have a great collection of dips! I have made a couple and loved each one. This looks really good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK my mouth is watering! I made your cranberry dip over cream cheese at Thanksgiving. Subbed the orange zest for chopped up manderin oranges. Yum...

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one looks so cheesy and saucy good! Definitely on my list! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This seems like the perfect dip for game day! The teens in this house will go wild for it...thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a good idea that I wonder why I've never thought of it...or eaten it at anyone else's house. How simple, but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the serving board :) I love the sound of this pizza dip.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds delicious and like such an obvious dip, yet I've never heard of it before. It will be great to have on Sunday during football. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!