Monday, March 1, 2021

Red Cabbage Slaw with Apples in an Orange Dressing

This Red Cabbage Slaw with Apples tossed in an Orange Dressing not only got a big thumbs up, but the words "refreshing, and reminds me of summer" were even tossed around during Sunday dinner at the end of February. While I did question the word summer... This is truly a vibrantly colored, crunchy, fresh, and healthy salad. Now, I've tried a lot of recipes for my coleslaw series here on the blog, but I have to say, this one gets my darn good label! Be sure to use the fresh parsley, it's key... Don't hesitate to give it a try folks, it might just become a favorite of yours too:@)
This is one of those salads that's best made and eaten the same day.

Red Cabbage Slaw with Apples in an Orange Dressing-from Spend with Pennies
4 C shredded red cabbage
3 carrots, shredded
1 apple, julienned
2 Tblsp fresh parsley, chopped
2 Tblsp orange juice
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
1 Tblsp sugar
1 Tblsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
S&P to taste
  1. Mix everything well (I put it all in a Lock-N-Lock and gave it a few good shakes and kept flipping the bowl).
  2. Let mingle in fridge for an hour before serving.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. I think you love slaws as much as I do! This sounds like a winner---love the sweetness from the apple and oj!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty! I am always looking for a different twist on slaw, apple and orange juice are wonderful additions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great combo of flavors and colors! This sounds like a must try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!