They're a little salty, a little sweet and mildly spiced.
Barbeque Roasted Nuts-from The Kitchen Is My Playground
3 C mixed nuts
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp brown sugar
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp ground ginger
- In a small bowl combine salt, sugars, paprika, garlic powder, mustard, cumin and ginger, mix well.
- In separate bowl whisk egg white until it's foamy. Add nuts and toss to coat.
- Add spices and toss to coat. I transferred the nuts to a dry bowl with a fork to leave behind extra egg white before adding the spices.
- Spread out in single layer on foil/parchment/silicone cover baking sheet. If using foil spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Cool on wire rack and store in an air tight container.
- I forgot to spray the foil before I poured the nuts on it, I do recommend spraying it or using Reynolds Release, silicone or parchment so the nuts don't stick.
- You might want to hold out some of the salt and sprinkle it on top of the wet nuts after they're poured onto the baking sheet for a little salty bite.
- I might try bumping up the spices under paprika and adding some cayenne the next time just for fun.
Have a happy day:@)